Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Thankful Thanksgiving!




On this day of thanks, I wanted to send out my own "thank you" to all of my followers, friends, and collaborative SLPs and AuDs who have helped me with this blog, given me ideas, feedback, and suggestions. 

I also want to send out a very special "Thank You" to the families of my clients who have taken a chance on me.  After spending 7 years in the school system while moving around the country with my active duty military husband, I finally decided to make the dream of my own private practice a reality.  So after we moved to AZ last May, without any established friendships, or professional relationships, I ventured out and decided to make a go of my own practice.  I have no regrets!!!  The families I am working with are taking their child's speech and langauge development seriously, doing homework (something I couldn't get parents to do in the school system if I paid them...just my personal experience...not implying that all schools or parents are like that), and becoming their child's best communication partner.  I'm seeing progress so much quicker ONLY because of parental participation!  So for all of your hard work and dedication to your child's communication skills, I am sending you a very warm heart-felt thank you!  I celebrate with you in your child's successes up to this date and I look forward to all the progress and growth that is awaiting us in the future!

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving weekend!  As always, happy talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...