Sunday, March 24, 2013

SLP Link Up!

Oh, How Pintearesting! is having an SLP link up and I just love how you get to see some insights into what the SLP bloggers are up to right now!  Check out the rules by clicking the link above.


State of Mind:   Right now I am feeling Joyfully Blessed with all the time I am getting to spend with my husband and son recently.  The weather has been so nice here in southern AZ that we have been getting outside, playing, taking walks, hiking, and just having some good ol' fashioned family fun.  I don't think anything beats feeling that beautiful sunshine on my skin!  I am really hoping that Spring comes quickly to the rest of the US (especially those states that have been getting and expecting snow recently)!!!!

Loving:  I don't know about you but I ALWAYS LOVE Lent and the Easter Season!!!  It is my favorite time of year.  Firstly, it happens during my favorite season...YEP if you can't tell by now...I'm a Spring lover...bright happy colors, sunshine, flowers and trees blooming adds more hop in my step. :)  Secondly, I very much love the story of forgiveness, redemption and salvation that Easter brings to us every year!!!!  It's pumps me UP and gives me more hope in myself and in the human race.  We can be better people and every morning we wake up is a NEW DAY!  Yes...I am definitely a Spring lover!!! (Sorry groundhog, but you are outta here!)

Prepping:  As you all know by reading our speech blogs...we do what we do for the LOVE of the profession!  I LOVE being an SLP and I LOVE learning about new things.  I LOVE sharing information and I LOVE educating others on what we do and why what we do is important.  So of course, I am getting myself prepared for May's BSHM (for you non speechies out there...BSHM is Better Speech and Hearing Month for the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association)!  By the way, if you have any fantastically different or interesting ideas out there for BSHM...PLEASE don't hesitate to share below!

So that's what I'm up to!  Want to know what your favorite SLP bloggers are up to?  Head on over to Oh, How Pintearesting!  and check out their link ups at the bottom of the blog!

And as always...Happy talking!!!!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up!

    You are waaaay ahead of me in getting ready for BSHM. I'm interested in seeing ideas, too!


    Oh, How Pintearesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link up...great idea, Laura! I love to read about what others are up to as well. I really enjoy getting to "know" bloggers more personally by reading about their state of mind and what they are loving right now as well. So very clever! As for working on BSHM...well I made a New Year's resolution that I would spend more quality time with my family and to do that I needed to get organized and plan things out...hence working on things ahead of time. It is NOT easy I have to admit but I am loving all the "extra" time I'm getting OFF of the computer and with them. (Right now I get to do some computer work while my son is napping...hehehe) :) I really hope we get some good ideas for BSHM here from some brilliant SLPs! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. I love how you explained the Lenten and Easter season! It's a beautiful thing, isn't it? We are getting TONS of snow in the St. Louis area right now! Your comments about AZ weather are making me a little jealous, even though I love the snow!

    homesweetspeechroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carissa...SNOW! UGH! We just moved from KS to AZ this past summer, but I have gotten used to this nice weather very quickly and I CAN'T imagine still experiencing winter at the end of March right now! Just grab some shorts and flip flops and head on down here. We could have an impromptu SLP bloggers conference...hahahaha! Sounds like you love the Lenten and Easter season and much as I do! I just wish you had the sunshine and spring weather to add to it! I'll be praying for you guys get some Spring weather up there SOON!!!!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for spring to arrive here in the Midwest! More snow today :( It will be a cold Easter to wear a spring dress, but I'll tough it out. Happy Easter to you! Can't wait to see what you come up with for BHSM.

    Abby
    Schoolhouse Talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Abby, I'll give you a sneak peek...May I will have a series on the Nonverbal Child...techniques I use to transition my kiddos from evaluation to speech production! I have performed hundreds of evaluations and provided therapy for so many nonverbal kiddos over the last 5 years that I thought I'd share the little things I've learned with others. It has taken some time to put this together (I started it over the Christmas break...and have been working on it off and on ever since) so I hope it will be helpful for those who read it :)

      Delete
    2. Great! I cannot wait to read more. I currently have 5 nonverbal preschool students on my caseload and it can be a challenge at times to see progress. Looking forward to the info!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you have for BHSM! I am such a slacker and haven't done much the past few years. I really want to do some activities with my staff and students this year. Also really interested in your series on the Nonverbal Child. I too work with several non-verbal students. I work in ASD classrooms, and we always have at least a couple at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Jen, than you may enjoy my ASD series I'm doing next month for Autism Awareness Month (starts next Tuesday...and I'll be writing my month ASHAspere blog on ASD too)! I will show some things I use and some techniques from various programs. I LOVE ASD (I LIVE for these kids) and I am more of a hodge-podge kind of therapist...I just do what works for the child at the time so I use a principles from numerous models. Be sure to check it out...maybe something you read might help (I HOPE!!!) :)

      Delete
  5. That's great that you are already prepping for BHSM! From reading the comments up above it sounds like April and May are going to be good months to check you out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...